Friday, February 8, 2008

Ode to Les Misérables

Cosette digital illustration by Lani Mathis inspired by Les MisI'm a big fan of Les Mis. I have several copies of the book, both abridged and unabridged, the earliest from 1947. I love the musical version (don't tease me) and have several copies of it in different arrangements. (Definitely see the musical on stage. It is very smartly done.) This is a digital illustration of Cosette, a character from the story. It is actually a much larger piece, but I've chosen to crop it down to her face. I took some her features from Emile Bayard's famous Cosette portrait, because he was Victor Hugo's favorite illustrator and I imagine that Mr. Hugo probably also saw her this way. I taught a little girl once that I thought looked just like her.

Have a great day :)

4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

This is wonderful!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Funny, I did a post today "ode to ikea". Yours is much prettier and more poetic. Nice blog- great choices to post about.

Jaime said...

Actually, I think she looks like the artist.... :)

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Awwwee... thank greathouse :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online