Friday, February 13, 2009

Eagerly Awaiting Spring

Ink Blot Drawing named Grow by Lani Mathis and Michael Ayers of GreenSpaceGoodsA few of the trees in our apartment complex have started to bloom. We've had some unusually warm weather which has actually made it rather pleasant here. Still, I know the cold will return before too long. There is a large tree in our "front yard" that is always stunning in the Spring and is the biggest reason I'll hate to move when the time comes. Its blossoms are rather frilly and pink, which anyone can tell you isn't my style, but for some reason I've become particularly attached to it peeking into our balcony view. Its trunk is slightly twisted and I imagine if it had been fortunate enough to have been planted in a garden rather than an apartment complex, its branches would be perfect for sitting in and enjoying a good book. It's helped this place feel more like a home despite the tiny kitchen and slippery steps. Call me a tree hugger if you like. Sometimes they are just as welcoming as a good friend.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online