Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reusable Produce Bags Are Awesome


In the great words of Homestar Runner: Seriously. We recently purchased some of these greener than green bags from ReMarket, an eco-friendly shop on Etsy and they are fantastic. No longer do we have to feel guilty about each individual plastic bag that one piece of produce goes into. I've even tried putting all of my produce into one plastic bag only to have the cashier glare at me and separate them into individual bags at the register. These lovely mesh bags come in 4 sizes- S, M, L, XL and and can be purchased individually or in sets. We recommend getting 2 sets since we always wish we had at least one more. Not only do they make it easy to see what is inside of them, but unlike plastic, they allow the produce to breath rather than trapping moisture inside. One word of caution- I did accidentally put my fingernail through one, so do be careful. I can't stress enough that this was my silliness, not an issue with the bag's structure. They are quite sturdy if you don't hold them with your thumbnail while dropping heavy items into them. Overall- a great product that we will probably be ordering more of soon. Keep your eyes open for more to be in stock. Apparently business has been booming and cleared out a lot of the shop's inventory. Check them out in the ReMarket shop here.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bags! I should get some of those because I don't like the plastic bags.

Diana said...

What a great idea all the way around! And your photograph makes it look like fine art. Thanks for sharing!

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Oh I can't take credit for the picture. It was taken by Shelly, the owner of ReMarket. :)

Rosebud Collection said...

The bags are nice looking..Our store is starting to have a different bag, they take a few cents off your bill if you use them when you shop..nice idea and will encourage people to use them.

ave. said...

I bought some of these bags from ReMarket, and I must agree that they are fabulous. I get comments on them every time I use them. Such a great idea!

Jeni said...

I LOVE these bags. So much that I blogged about them!!

The Nature Nut said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! Those bags look awesome - I'm going to check them out.

Unknown said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing the shop link, will check them out!

Revival Ink said...

This is a great idea. I'm getting some of these bags. Thanks!

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

Thats a great idea. "Why didnt I think of that" haha

Unknown said...

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Wow! That's fantastic. I'll be ordering some of those for certain. You have some great tips and ideas on your blog.. I'm glad that I found it! :) Peace Earthlovers!

Gabriel's Aunt said...

I love those bags! I want them!!

thank you for the great post!

Wallcakes said...

Love this idea!
Gina

Absolutely Small said...

Oooh, thanks for the recommendation! Although I would probably need about 50 of those things...as a vegetarian who likes to cook. All the more reason to get some of those bags.
(Thanks for the cute name recommendations on my blog, btw!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online