Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Confection Perfection- Chocolate Chip Cookies


When I was growing up, we often spent Christmas with my Grandparents. I remember being amazed at all of the treats my Grandmother would make. She never settled for one or two items. We had brownies, and m&m cookies, and peanut butter cup cookies, and coconut covered things that I wouldn't even eat! I guess she just wanted to make sure everyone had something that they particularly enjoyed. I've never been a great cook, but if I ever have kids, I want to be able to share holiday treats and recipes with them too. I think I've finally got chocolate chip cookies right:

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 ts baking soda
1/2 ts salt
1 stk salted butter softened (This is considered baking blasphemy. I prefer salted.)
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 1/2 ts vanilla extract
1 large egg room temp lightly beaten
1 (12 oz) chocolate chips

1. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Blend together butter and sugars.
3. Add vanilla and egg. Mix to incorporate.
4. Incorporate flour mixture, and repeat with the chocolate chips
5. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees- this may vary per oven. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pack the dough into balls and place them approx. 2 inches apart.
6. Set your oven racks on the second and fourth levels. Put the baking sheet on the 4th level and bake for 7 min.
7. After 7 min, rotate the sheet 180 degrees (front to back) and place on the 2nd level. Continue baking 7 more min.
8. Remove and allow to cool. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Field Notes said...

Hi there, I just wanted to comment that it's nice to find another eco-artist! My etsy shop has recycled items too :-) cheers,
recycledideas.etsy.com

Liz said...

yumm! save me some. x

bencandance said...

The cookies look yummy and I love all the stuff in your shop. The bottle cap bracelet is GREAT! :)

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Thanks! We greatly appreciate it!

Ginger said...

I can smell them from here!

AlicePleasance said...

Looks really yummy! I should give a try to this recipe; chocolate chip cookies are a must for me ;-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online