Monday, September 22, 2008

How 'Bout Them Apples?


So amidst all of the bottle cap craziness, we're going to my mother's house this weekend to paint her kitchen. Since Michael's family lives in the same city as we do, they often benefit from our free labor. While she tries not to show it, I know my mom wishes we were around to help her too. It's never easy balancing the family, but we do try to keep things as fair as possible. The apples above are a little something I whipped up yesterday afternoon to hang above her stove. They're cute right? I rescued this wooden plaque from Goodwill. It had a respectable, but really outdated painting of an eagle on it. After sanding down the old chipping paint and cleaning up the pretty brass hanger, I thought it could use some color. She doesn't have internet, so I don't worry much about spoiling surprises. I think I may try to find more of these plaques to salvage. Does anyone think there is a market for this sort of thing? They'd be something different in the shop. I've been in a painting mood.

In other news- Bottle Cap Challenge Participants - it looks like our protective cello bags won't be arriving until next week, but your prints will be mailed out as soon as they arrive. Oh yeah, and they're biodegradable too! Thank you for your patience :)

6 comments:

Chauncey said...

Green, I think this apple painting is lovely. I'm sure your mom will love it and you for doing it for her.

Racheal said...

yum. The colors look awesome.
I didn't know you painted-always a sweet surprise when I visit this blog.

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Ah yes. A doer of all, but a master of nothing! haha! :) I work in just about any medium. I even weld:

http://greenspacegoods.blogspot.com/2007/08/dragonator.html

It's not the best picture of him, but he's an optical illusion. His head appears to turn and look at you when you move. :) We really need a video of him.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

I think she will love it and yes.There is a market there..Nice work.

BeckyKay said...

That's wonderful and would look great in my mom's kitchen, too!

Linda Pieroth Smith said...

Really great painting. Not surprised your mom loved it.

You've been tagged by me:)
Please visit my blog and read the rules to play along, it's fun!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online